Not sure if this is labor...

I'm 39 wks 3 days, due on Thursday... last night around 9PM I started having contractions, the first 2 that I counted were 20 mins apart and by 2 hours later they were all between 2 and 5 mins apart, getting more intense and uncomfortable but not terrible... well finally around 1 AM DH and I went to sleep... I did wake up with some of them during the night, and I feel like I am still having them now... but my water hasn't broken and I still haven't lost my mucous plug as far as I know.

I know sometimes you don't know when the plug comes out, and sometimes your water has to be broken at the hospital... so should I wait for one of these to happen first, or just go when the contractions get too painful? They weren't evenly spaced even though they were close together, and while I didn't time them all I don't think they lasted "long enough" either. I am feeling them in my back and legs too so I don't think they are BH.

Koukla12905

Asked by Koukla12905 at 7:07 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If they are too strong for you to walk while they are going on and 5 mins apart go to the hospital or at least call you doc and see what she says. My doc's rule was if you have more than 5 or 6 BH go to the hospital and be checked for labor.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 7:13 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I was told no matter what if you have contraction 5 mins apart go to the birthing center and call my doctor she would meet me there. SWo i would call your doctor and tell them you need to be checked.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 7:46 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I would call the Doctor. With my second child my contractions were 12min. apart and by the time i got to the hospital they were still 12min. apart but i was dialated to 6cm already and gave birth 2hrs. after i arrived. my contractions never got 5min. apart until i was dialated to almost 10cm. Every labor is different so check with what your Doc. says
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• My doctor told me to come in when the contractions either get too painful to walk through, or start coming every 5 min or less. I would call my doctor and tell them what is going on- they are probably going to want you to come in. I'm almost 41 weeks and I soo feel you on the contractions! Mine keep starting and stopping lol! Good luck! Sounds like you will have a beautiful baby soon!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:13 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• my last baby didnt have normal contractions at first either. He was just pushing down with his feet half the day and it hurt more at the end of the day and get more painful. At midnight they was every 1-2min and only had a few of them and then they started to be every 5min and stayed that way for the next 1-2hrs. when i left for the hospital after they started every 1-2min thats when they started to be 5min apart and when i got there i was 6cm dialated and had to have a emergency c-section and had him within an hour.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2009