Are there any smokers on here? How much are cigarettes where you are?

I'm just wondering, my husband and I bought ours until they went over $6 a pack. He smokes 2 packs a day and I smoke a pack every 2 days. Do the math, that's $470 a month, easy, sometimes more, we now spend less than $100 per MONTH and neither of us smoke any less!

kustomkrochet

Asked by kustomkrochet at 7:17 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well if we buy Pall-malls here they are about $4 a pack. But we only buy packs for our car. We do the whole roll your own, we can buy enough tobacco and filters for about a week for $12! And since my fiancee stays at home, and I only take 4 cigs to work, the rolling works for us. I just quit a little over a week ago though, since we are TTC baby 2 and I already suspect that i have. But I think since I quit he has been smoking more LOL!
    endurablemist

Answer by endurablemist at 7:25 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Well I dont smoke but I can tell you that a pack of marbrols at the 7-11 we go to it costs about 6 dollars .
    My husband chews and he only pays about 4 dollars for a can of skoal.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:31 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• A pack here is $6-$7 We have the roll your own and that is getting up there to for a box of tubes it's $5 and a can of tobacco is $37 so $41 a week in a half so it's time to QUIT easier said then done.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 7:35 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Camel Filter 99 100s - $5.86.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 7:38 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• We started rolling our own also, tubes are $2 per carton and I order tobacco online. My last order was $72 and that was for the whole month including an $8 delivery charge from UPS. If interested, I'll give you the site where I order mine.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:52 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• my parents smoke and from what I've seen, they pay almost 7 dollars a pack and 42 dollars a carton..
    man they need to quit.
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 8:09 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• she wanted to know where u guys were and the prices! i know in michigan its up to almost 7bucks and in indiasna its almost 5bucks(i dont smoke but hubby does.for a little poutch of tabaco its only a dallor something and u get a little more that a pack out of it for roll ur owns
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:14 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• My husband and I both smoke a pack a day. Ours cost about 35 dollars a carton, in MO. We would love to be able to quit, but it definately is very hard to quit. I wish the hypnotist that came around last year would come back and have the group sessions again. Last year they had 3 in neighboring towns but we couldn't make it to any of them.
    Kathy1705

Answer by Kathy1705 at 8:19 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Here in TN my DH only buys the "buy one get one free" deals when he smokes, and so it usually ends up costing about 5-6$ for two packs. Regular cigarettes are anywhere from 4-6 dollars each. They just raised our tobacco tax here so it might not be that cheap for long even. . .
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 9:11 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I stopped smoking years ago, but last week I bought my brother a pack of camel special lights here in Pennsylvania, they were $5.75. I used to smoke Capris's (skinny old lady cigarettes) and they were always more expensive so I asked just out curiosity how much a pack costs and the lady said they were $7.50, I am so glad I quit smoking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Aug. 16, 2009