At what age did your kid stop eating in their high chair?

MoMMyto2971

Asked by MoMMyto2971 at 9:01 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• At 15 months she moved to a booster so she could join in with the family meal at the table - I wish I had switched her sooner because she instantly loved it - stopped messing around with her food so much, and ate more.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 9:10 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• at 9 months he went to a booster< with straps> and around 18-20 months we stop using straps..
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 9:11 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• around 14 months.....but i took the ta off thehgh chair lowered the high chair and put it at the table then aroun 2 we bought him a booster and he uses that
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• My 2 1/2 yo still uses hers but we don't use the tray, just pull her up to the table. She LOVES having her own chair that nobody else is allowed to sit in.
    cheez1e

Answer by cheez1e at 11:34 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• He was probably around a year, if that old. I would have kept him in longer, but his sitter was alternating between having him sit in a high chair and sitting at a little table and eventually he got used to the table. He would fight me about going into the high chair, and finally I just gave up and bought him a Little Tikes table. Eventually when we got our dining table, I put him into a booster chair, but that didn't last long. He prefers sitting in the regular chair. Fortunately he's tall enough so its not too much of an issue.
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 11:51 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• My DD is 24 moths old. She kneels on a regular chair and eats just fine. She stopped using her high chair at around 22 months. She doesn't like booster seats.
    skymcr

Answer by skymcr at 12:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• my dd is 20 months and is still eating in her high chair but its a space saving high chair it hooks to a reg kitchen table i just dont hook the tray on it she wants to eat at the table with the rest of the family
    kcook55

Answer by kcook55 at 12:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• my 13 month old is in a booster seat (with straps and no tray) and sits at the table with us.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 12:47 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• My 19 month old. twins will be in their high chairs as long as they can fit......They make a big mess when they eat so using a tray keeps it off the floor :)
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 1:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2009