I'm Carrying Low - Any Advice?

I'm 22 weeks with my second pregnancy. The ultra sound doctor said that I'm carrying very low. The baby is in my pelvis and is only 1 1/2 inches above my cervix (I think he said it was my cervix). I knew I was carrying low because all the pressure is on my bladder and lower organs, whereas with my first child I felt pressure in my lungs and ribs. Also, all the kicks are below my bellybutton into my lower pelvix region. Is this something to be concerned about? What could this mean if the baby doesn't move up? Are there any exercises or other things I can do to naturally get the baby to move up a bit. I intend on asking my OBGYN these questions during my next visit, but I just want tips from real moms who have experienced this.

Imogen13

Asked by Imogen13 at 9:08 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not that I know of
    I feel your pain my daughter was super low to it was horrible lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:10 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• both my boys were way low! they never moved up, unless it was to place their feet in my heart! < lol thats what it felt like> i dont know if there is anything you can do.. if the baby is happy there he isnt going to move!

both my deliveries were at 38 weeks, so low dosent mean early!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 9:18 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• that doesnt mean anything... but yes the pelvic rock will move the baby up if you do it 4-5 times a day it will also strengthen your abs and help later with pushing the other way
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:54 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• im 27 weeks now and my son moves all around for one week he was low in my pelvis i could feel him kicking real low like under my stomach and thats when i would have to pee like all the time especially at night i could feel him kick my bladder!! but then the next week it felt like he was kicking me in the ribs and it would make me jerk lol but i asked my doctor if its normal to be low (when i was 25 weeks) she said it was fine and perfectly normal because im still early on in pregnancy....but if u want to be sure ask ur OB too
    Kri5taa

Answer by Kri5taa at 12:36 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• It's just uncomfortable is all. I carried my second super low and it is terribly uncomfortable on your bladder and lower back, but I'll take that any day over carrying high. I carried my first high and she put pressure on my ribs and lungs which is much worse. Carrying high or low just depends on where the baby implanted. It has no bearing at all on the health of the pregnancy.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:30 PM on Aug. 16, 2009