Twins or Triplets!???

Omg I just have to vent today about rude people! I'm 41 weeks pregnant and I'm being induced on Monday bc of complications from extra fluid accumulating- basically I look huge. Yesterday I went to the grocery store and in the parking lot some guy yelled from 3 rows over "Holy crap woman are you having twins? You're huge!" I wanted to curl up and cry! I went into the store bathroom and did just that. I'm already uncomfortable and icky feeling and the last few times I've gone out EVERYONE I meet asks me if I'm having twins or triplets! How rude and insensitive can people get? One woman actually told me I needed to go on a diet the minute I had the baby! Why do stupid people feel the need to comment on a pregnant woman's weight or size? I'm not a huge person-my weight is average, i just have a large healthy baby boy grrr!!!

Emuu

Asked by Emuu at 9:37 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• LOL aww Im sorry hun .
    People did that to me too.
    Even when I said no just one baby in there I had this one guy say are you surre?
    I was like umm ya Pretty positive lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Sorry you feel that way. Execpt for the diet part. I think everything else you said was normal for people to say. Usually the bigger the belly is on a pregnant women. The more they will say things like that.
    But me, I do not say things like that to strangers. I keep my coments to myself.

Answer by louise2 at 9:45 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• When i was pre. with my 1st i had a kid (who was old enough to know better) point at me and say "look its the fat lady again!" I said "im not fatIm pregnant!" to which the little snot replied "are you sure?" and I burts into tears. I was pretty pathetic looking, all huge and pregnant waddling down the road crying
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 9:46 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Sorry that you are being picked on, poor thing! I know what you mean, though. People started telling me already by 20 weeks with my 2nd pregnancy that I was having twins. I'm like um, nope, just one. I went past due to 43 weeks, I felt like a huge fat elephant that was either going to lay on the couch and die or have a gigantic baby. Well, she was 10 lbs. No wonder I looked like I was having twins, some people have babies that are 5-6 lbs (my 1st was 6 lbs) so I could've been carrying 2 of my 1st borns lol. Just try to relax and not let it get to you. Soon that baby will be out of you and your body will go back to normal and you will have a brand new baby to love on. Good luck!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:03 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• omg because people are soo evil!! especially men can be sooo evil my friend cracks on me all the timee and so does my son's father im 27 weeks now one customer at my job came up to me a couple weeks ago and said u dont look pregnant just overweight! i seriously wanted to punch her in the face! jealous whores lol who cares what they say they arent carrying another human being inside them whoes sucking everything out of them tell them to go screw themselves!!
    Kri5taa

Answer by Kri5taa at 12:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• my last two pregnancies people asked me, one or two babies, I said one but it was only when I'd wear this one dress or certain shirts and they wasnt rude about it. But one girl asked that and she said she said she was big like me with her last baby too. I usually am all belly and always am about 120LBS before bein pregnant and am about 5'3-5'4 tall. this baby ended up bein 8lbs 12oz but didnt look it.
    knlhall

Answer by knlhall at 2:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2009