Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scholarship For Mom's??

I've heard that there is a scholarship for mom's wanting to go back to school. Is it legit and what is it called??

Answer Question

Asked by Kam06 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in

Level 2 (8 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • is a great source for scholarships.

    Contact the financial aid office at your college or university for more ideas.


    Answer by rkoloms at 10:26 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

  • I have a Women's Alliance scholarship through my school. It's for young/single mothers.

    Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

  • Are you talking about the advertisement saying "Moms, Obama wants you to go back to school"? If so then it is just an advertisement for online for profit schools to lure you in. If you want to go back to school then I would suggest filling out the Fasfa. This will determine your financial aid eligibility and you might receive some or all of the Pell Grant/Scholarship. Also, check with your school's financial aid office to see what scholarships they may have. Some might be torward a certain degree while others may be geared to your background- example, mom, female, race, etc. Good Luck in whatever you decide to do.


    Answer by JeremysMom at 12:46 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.