Where did Jesus say this??

"If you are not like me, I hate you! I will do all I can to tear you down and make you feel inferior. I am better than you! I will see you as my enemy because you are different! There is no kindness, love and happiness unless you are like me!"

Cause I don't remember that in MY Bible, yet it seems to be in the bibles of many of the CafeMom Christians!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, I dont think that is in their Bibles either. I think they just didnt read it at all so they do what comes natural, which is to hate and automatically be critical of others who dont share their faith. As a christian, I dont mind calling someones behavior bad and expressing and opinion when they are out of line, but I dont care if theyre a christian or not. Bad behavior is bad behavior, regardless. I have missed much of what other christians are saying and doing because its not generally directed at me. I do however see many non christians mocking and tearing down believers because of their faith. Much sarcasm and mockery. I think you see what youre on the receiving end of. If youre on the receiving end of christians who are acting like this, then let me apologize. The message of Jesus was not always pink and roses, but it was compassionate. He had harsh words for those who were hypocrites and judgmental.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:13 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• It's not in the Bible... anywhere. Because a person is not Christian or does not believe as I do DOES NOT mean that they are my enemy. If a person claims to be Christian , or claims to love God and follow His Word and are treating their fellow man in that manner you describe, then they are preaching to themselves and you should ignore them. The Bible tells us that above all is love, and you can't get around that. There is chastisement out of love, but just because someone thinks you're not a Christian it is NOT their cue to chastise; it's their cue to love, to live by example in front of you and to bid (invite) you to choose God. As someone who sincerely believes that God is the one who chastises and I nor anyone ~incapable of knowing your heart as God does~ is commissioned by the Bible to correct you out of anything but love. And if they are using angry words, they are only stirring up wrath - not love ~ that's Biblical.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:20 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• It is also biblical to not tolerate sin just because some people feel that they deserve special favors and treatment while living a sinful life.
    If some people do not like that a Believer tells them to repent and stop whining about being a homosexual or pagan, witch or a woman that enjoys sleeping with married men. If it makes their lives miserable...then change. Stop asking everyone to tolerate what is not right.
    A Christian does not have to pacify a sinner's ways.
    We are to ate sin just as Jesus does.
    We all make choices and if we live outside the jar...then don't gripe and complain when someone closes the lid and won't let you in.
    If someone is all hell bent to go to hell then that is what they chose. Go! Who is holding you back.
    Not everyone wants to keep hearing about how they are just born that way.
    We are all born sinners; but, some of us choose to change...just like some of us choose to continue in sin.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 11:34 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• OP, the people that speak like that think they ARE following the Bible because they get a one-sided message out of it. We've all made this point several times before and it falls on deaf ears because the individuals that talk like that do not appear to be self-aware enough to realise how they are being perceived by others :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• There is much truth there, NovemberLove. If christians don't read any parts of their bible but what the preachers or sunday school teachers tell them to, then they won't know how ignorant they actually are of what their religion demands. And they will continue to follow their "sinful" nature by hating, demeaning others, and trying to put themselves on their god's throne thru their arrogance and presumption.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Not in the Bible that I read or in the 9 years of Catholic education that I recieved or the 3 years of religious ed that I taught. I think it is just in some people's heads, those that THINK they are always right and no one else is right or could possibly be right.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Novemberlove, Again, you don't think there is something a little wrong that witchqueen agrees so much with you? The bible says what agreement is there between a believer and an unbeliever. See 2 Corinthians 6:15. You talk a lot about what other Christians are doing wrong, maybe you should concentrated more about how you get God haters to stand in agreement with you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Anon, I think you probably read my response about this in the other thread :-)

Indeed, I am more harsh on people who are already-Christians than those who are not Why? Because those with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit ought to know better. A non-Christian has no reason not to sin. My goal is not to have certain people agree with me; I can't help who agrees and who doesn't. WQ was a Christian for 30 years. To be honest with you, her perspective of Christians is very eye opening and has reminded me that I may be the only Bible that a non-believer reads. That's why I save my "Paul" for Christians and bring Jesus to non-believers instead :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Anon. 2:21 sounds a little nervous, doesn't she? I wonder if too much thinking spooks some of your "sisters" in christ, NovemberLove. We may have to try and dial down our intellect--the big words are scaring somebody. November may not always be right but that doesn't mean she NEVER is. I am fully capable of recognizing a legitimate point when I see it.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2009