lol, considering this do you think my younger one will be bigger than my older one?

So they're 26 months apart, we went to the doctor a few days ago. My 2.5 year old is 28 lbs, and my 8 month old is 20 lbs! She's going to outweigh her by the time she's 1 I think. My older one has always been in the 25 percentile for weight and younger in the 90th. My 2 year old is kinda tall, she's over 3 feet (not sure the exact measuremeants) and my 8 month old is just over 2 feet. My younger one's dad is 6'4 so she's going to be tall. I just keep thinking about my mom and my aunt, my mom is 8 years older but my aunt is taller and bigger.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:17 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My 2nd child is much bigger then my 1st. They are 15 months apart and by the time #2 was 7 months and #1 was 2 he weighed more then her. By the time they were 3 and 4 he was almost as tall as her. At 4 and 5 they were the same height and by the next year he was taller. The oldest is 9 and 4' tall and 45lbs. She's always been in the 10th percentile or lower for her weight. My son is almost 8 and is 4'3" tall and 65lbs (if not bigger, it's been awhile since I measured him).
    In fact, my oldest is so tiny that her younger sister is as big as her now. There is 28 months between them and she is 3'11" and 50lbs. She is now passing clothes down to her older sister and by next year I think she will probably be taller.
    My oldest and my 3yo daughter can share clothes (she's 38-39" and 30lbs so only 10" shorter then my oldest and only 15lbs lighter and there is almost 6 years between them).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• They have two different Fathers? Even if they had the same parent. The youngest could be taller then the oldest. If the youngest is a different sex then the oldest. That could be a reason too.

Answer by louise2 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Yea they do. The father of my 1st child is shorter than my husband by a few inches. They are both girls.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• oh, and I'm about 5'6. So I'm average height.
    tnm786

• Well possibly. Babies get big before 1 and then they level out. By the time your second one is 2, she might weigh the same as your older one does now and by then your older one will be a bit bigger. Its possible that eventually they will weigh the same and if your younger one is going pass the older one, she will likely be 3 or so before that happens.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:36 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Both my kids have the same dad, but considering the second one is a boy and the first one is a girl, I was pretty sure from the day he was born that he would be bigger when he grew up! (Not quite the same thing.)
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2009