porn

I was on my 13 year old, male cousins computer and saw he had been searching for graphic porn! (anal, bondage, fantasy and gang bang!) should i tell my aunt or just let her find out? (she didnt even know the computer worked, he got a laptop connect card from his dads and neither one told her. The computer was supposed to be for playing video games only)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I would tell her. That's just my opinion. But Yes, he is still a child and she needs to be aware of what he is looking at.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• well is it in his room? step one never let a child have a computer in their room. 2 i think kids are horny pervs and like to get into taboo things and 3. no but if its in the living room or something conveniently turn it on to the history or a page and have it open for his mom to see it but no i wouldn't tell , its like looking at a playboy and what not its a boy/guy thing let his mom figure out on her own and decided to do whats best
    anarose26

Answer by anarose26 at 10:49 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I think he was just being curious and if you tell your going to embarrass him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• well let me just say when i was 13 i grew up with nothing but boy cousins i was the only girl and they all knew my mom and stepdad had a porn collection so i would steal the tapes and sell it to them, started hussling young but i think it is completely normal for a male to want to look at stuff like that they are going thrw puberty and curious. As far as telling his mom you can but i dont think it would help she will proboly just ground him and take away his computer and therefore you are teaching him that looking at sex and sex in general is wrong when it is not. I think since you were the one who found it you should have a adult converstaion with him. Let him know that sex is a normal thing and so is masterbating do not yell or belittle him for it. and let him ask questions. Thats just my opinion.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:53 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• it was in his room but it is an older computer that needs a thing to pick up signal. His dad bought him one without telling her (they are divorced. He constantly does things he knows she doesnt approve of)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I think you should tell your aunt. This is serious. If it were your child wouldn't you want to know?
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• While it's normal for teenagers to view porn at the same time him going on porn sites is illegal If she doesn't even know he can connect to the internet she atleast needs to know that. How is she suppose to monitor him otherwise, and at 13 he still needs to be monitored. It's her house, she should know if his father wants him to have access to the internet he can do so at his house.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 3:23 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• "therefore you are teaching him that looking at sex and sex in general is wrong when it is not."

It IS wrong, it's Illegal.. How is that NOT wrong? Sex is something that is normal, however looking at illegal porn online is not and the mom needs to be made aware of this.

His mom doesn't even know he has access to the internet. That's just as wrong as him looking at porn IMO. She needs to know. I'd be incredibly pissed off if someone knew my son was accessing the internet and especially looking at porn without me knowing.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 3:25 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Tell. its a bad habit he should not be starting at 13. curious or not, its unhealthy and can lead to an addiction or worse. people may disagree and say that looking at porn is normal, but its not. respectable well rounded men dont view porn and can find happiness within real, loving relationships. thats why when people we think are respectable are found out to be doing so, its such a big deal. tell his mom. what kind of man do you want him to be? not one who looks at porn.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Tell the mom about the computer, maybe not the porn. She needs to know that the dad is doing things behind her back and undermining her authority.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 7:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2009