Have you ever had to call 911?

My blood pressure spiked one night, and I felt like I was gonna die. I shouted for DH and told him to call 911.

GIswife

Asked by GIswife at 11:40 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yup a couple times.
    Once when I was little my grandma was getting beat up .
    Once in Jr High I was getting beat at home.
    Once in High School I was raped.
    Once When I was 21 An ex was stalking me and sleeping outside my bedroom window.
    Once when I first moved to Vegas . This guy met me I knew him for 2 days and he became very posesiveSP? and started making death threats because I went out with friends instead of staing home.
    Once I had to find a cop because I was walking here in Vegas , This guy kept pulling up to every open side street and kept tring to get me in his car.
    I guess that is more then a couple LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• yes when my dd was about 3 month old she stared spitting up straight blood no milk in it or thing just straight blood i called 911 and we went to the hospital and they could find nothing wrong then she did it 2 more times after that and it just stoped they told me she could be teething , but really i never heard of someone throwing up enough blood to cover her onesis in by teething, she is 4 now and healthy as can be, i always wonder though what was wrong with her then.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 11:45 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Oh and that last guy
    The description and car and plate number I gave turned out to be someone that had a warrent lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:46 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• yes i came home from working a double shift at a nursing home and my dd was complaining her bug hurt and i ask ex to take me to the hosptiable b/c i was safe to drive and he wouldnt so i called 911 to get her to the hosptiable since he had to pay the transporting fees i didnt care that was towards the end of r relationship
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:52 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I had to call 911 once for a fire engine. The element in my oven broke while it was preheating and the whole oven caught on fire. The fireman just unplugged it--which I SHOULD have thought of doing, but I had panicked, When the smoke cleared he showed me how to remove the broken element, the number to re-order a new one and left. Took a week for the new one to get there, too.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Only once that I can remember. My daughter was outside playing with the little girl across the street (they were 7) and she came in the back door with this look on her face of fear and began to run. I looked out my back door and there was a huge fire on my backporch. Just then my neighbor knocked on my door and told me to get out because my house was on fire. I quickly grabbed the phone and dialed 911 and while they were on their way, my neighbors son put it out. Apparently these girls went and found the matches and lit the back porch on fire. My dd swears it was the other childs idea, but nevertheless she went along with it. She could have been seriously injured so I didnt know whether to hug her or spank her...LOL....It turned out okay and she swore she would never touch them again.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I have twice, once after a car accident we were in and I thought the car that hit us had left and DD was only a baby and thought she was hurt. I also called when DD was choking when she was also an infant. I didn't need to call though my mom and I who were both with her know the himleich but I just froze. My mom ended up doing it though and all was fine.
    Cassidysmom611

Answer by Cassidysmom611 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I did last year when our car was side swiped and the lady took off. A good Samaritan who had witnessed the wreck followed the lady and called the police. She initially told the police she heard a noise, but didn't know she had hit someone. Later she told the insurance company that we hit her!!! Luckily it happened right in front of a fire house and they had a camera pointed in our direction clearly showing her cross the line and smack into us while on her cell phone!!!
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 12:46 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Not me personally but we were out driving a few years ago and got stuck in traffic a few blocks from our house. It's a normally busy intersection but traffic wasn't moving at all and everyone was merging into 1 lane (it's 3 lanes in each direction plus a turn lane so 7 lanes in total). When we drove by we realized someone had hit a pedestrian. Other people had stopped to help and were comforting the guy and directing traffic (which was very dangerous for themselves...there are still good people in this world). We had waited several minutes to get through and we never heard any sirens so my husband called 911 (as did many other people that were on the scene or passing by) and even though we were about 2 blocks from the nearest fire station (which is at the airport) it took like 10 minutes for an ambulance to arrive. Stupid city.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• no but i should of one time and my dr chewed me out for it, i was having chest pain and numbness down my arm and up my neck and i thought it was a panic attack so waited until next day to see my dr, i called for an app and the receptionist handed the phone to him and he said you need to go to hospital and get checked out, found out that i did have a minor heart attack, but didnt think at my age that could be possible.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 1:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2009