Kirkland Infant Formula vs. Enfamil Premium Lipil??

Anyone use either one? Just wondering your opinions on either. I use Enfamil and am considering switching to Kirkland due to it being way cheaper. I notice it makes his spit-up a bit chunkier. Is this normal and anyone experience this with the Kirkland Brand? Thanks!

CamdensMom12

Asked by CamdensMom12 at 11:52 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• cheaper is not better. Look into an organic formula. I belive they sell them at Sams Club or a place like that.

You do know that breastmilk would have been free.... anyway I do not have an opinion on either one of the formulas you mentioned. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Then why are you replying to this post anonymous?.... besides the fact you are a breast milk nazi?!?
    CamdensMom12

Answer by CamdensMom12 at 12:46 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Hmmm anon... no opinion, yet you post anyway and tell her she should have breastfed when you have no idea what her situation is. Nice.

OP organic formula isn't all it's cracked up to be.  Babies have very different reactions to formula. Try the cheaper one for a while and see how yours likes it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• My sons nicu uses enfamil, thats recommendation enough for me. Hes breastmilk fortified with formula for xtra calories. Instead of going cheaper on formula try cutting corners elsewhere. Even if moneys tight it would be healthyier. Goodluck!
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 1:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• after talking to my pediatrician on whether we can use generic formula with him now (he's almost 11 weeks old) we just started with target's prebiotic brand formula which i've compared side to side with the similac advanced immune shield, and so far he's doing well. I'm hanging on to my $5 similac checks in case he doesn't continue to like it
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 1:33 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I liked Kirkland Brand better...it mixed better and my daughter didn't spit up as much on it. She also seemed to like it better and took it more eagerly. The ingredients are very similar to Enfamil and my daughter's doctor said that Kirland Brand is actually made by Enfamil...although I can't say for sure if that is true. Anytime you switch something in a baby's diet, you will probably notice some difference...as long as you and baby are comfortable with it - go with it!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2009