flea help asap? please

we have fleas and i am going to bomb the house. now do i have to wash down the walls and every little thing when its alldone and dry? someone said all you have to do is vacuum wash the bedding and wipe down counter tops thats it. so everything else would be safe?

lovingmommywife

Asked by lovingmommywife at 11:54 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Pets

• When I bomb, I move any items that come in close contact with me or my child (blankets, toys, etc) away from where the bomb is and then I just wipe down food prep areas (counters, table, etc) afterwards. The vacuuming step is just to get the dead fleas out of the carpet. Make sure you pay close attention to where the sleep when you bomb because that is where the highest concentration of bugs is and make sure you bath the animal(s) well after bombing so they don't reintroduce fleas right away. You may want to also invest in some flea spray for your yard because I promise you the bugs will come back and killing some of the ones that are outside will atleast slow them down. Trust me, I have been fighting the losing battle against fleas all summer!
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 11:59 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• last year we had that problem and a new born we bought the stuff u spray on the carpet and let sit than vacum,we did that every week until they were gone,only took a month,plus it saved time washing everyt hing down
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• also if u get some flea medicane from the vet for ur pet that will get rid of em,i think its called front line or k9 advantage
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 1:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• The instructions on the bombs that I used (last summer) said that you should wash the clothes or keep them in a plastic bag when bombing. I wouldn't worry about washing down walls though, maybe counter tops and table tops. My youngest was only a few months when we did ours (and we didn't even have pets at the time). I didn't actually wash everything either though. All we did was set the bombs in the house with all bedroom doors open (it was bad so we had to use two), waited the three or four hours that it said to, opened every window in the house when we back in and I rewashed clothes that smelt or felt funny (not clean basically). We didn't worry about dishes and stuff cause those were behind closed doors.
    Good luck.
    mammacjjc85

Answer by mammacjjc85 at 1:21 PM on Aug. 17, 2009