Please give me a boost of courage??

I have a section 8 voucher(I'm disabled), and before they'll allow me to move into a 2 bedroom apartment, I have to give 30 day's notice on the apartment I'm currently living in. I'm afraid of doing that, because I worry that I won't find a new apartment in 30 days. With a 14 month old child, it's a big risk to take. But, we really need the bigger apartment. We're sharing a one-bedroom, and are quickly outgrowing it.

Can you give me a boost of courage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Aug. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• I completely understand the way you have to follow the rules for moving in order to get your voucher. Before you give your notice, if you are worried, at least look at the rental market in your area (newspaper ads or whatever) and see that there are places to rent. Go ahead and give your notice, and you may be able to tell your land lord now that your notice is based on IF you find a bigger place to move to (assuming you have a good land lord /tennant relationship.) Good luck, you will find what you need.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 2:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Can you find your new apartment before you give your old apartment notice? Good luck, that's spooky.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• OP

Well, I could look around, but the potential apartment has to be inspected by HUD before they'll approve it. But, HUD won't inspect it until I give 30 days' notce and they give me the 2 bedroom voucher.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Ya just go look for an apartment before u give notice!
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 12:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I think 30 days is plenty of time to find an apartment, just set aside some time to view maybe 2 or 3 a day and I am sure u will find something u like.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 12:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• well, i wouldnt tell,just find an apartment then move out,but pay ur bills,dont leave owingmoney.nobody follows rules these days,lol
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 12:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2009