Ladies, out of curiosity....

Ladies, out of curiosity....
do you allow your children to serve their own plates at family gatherings: birthday parties, bar-b-q's etc....and if so how much do you allow them to eat one, two, three, four plates of food? do they have a cut off point or do you allow them to eat as much as they want? at some point do you think their getting greedy or it's rude if your at someones birthday party or bar-b-q and some child keeps getting up and eating plate after plate. Also do you tell your kids to go play or allow them to sit and listen to adult conversation at family gatherings? what if the converstion in inappropriate for children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Depends on how old they were. If they could hold a plate with one hand and serve them self with the other. I would let them serve themselves. I would let them only go back for seconds. But if the gathering had desert I would only let them have one plate food of food. So they would have room for the desert.

Answer by louise2 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• no children should not be allowed to plate after plate because they don't always understand that they are full or had enough and their eyes are bigger than their tummy's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Yes/No

My oldest yes - she's 11 so she knows what she likes and wants and is capable of getting her own food.

My youngest is just 4 so the answer is no. I want to make sure that she's not just pick out the sweets and skip anything remotely healthy. Not mention that she'd probably either make a mess of the food area or herself and I'd be stuck looking at that said mess all over her and screaming on the inside while smiling on the outside. LOL
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 12:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I fill my kids' plates because they are still young. It's a struggle getting them to eat anything though, so going back for more is never an issue. My kids barely eat anything.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I help my two youngest and I only let them get what I know they will eat and they dont usually come back for more. They are not big eaters. When its time for dessert, they have to ask and they usually do. I help them get 1 thing for dessert. No, my kids have no interest in sitting with me. They want to play with the other kids. Ive never had to force them, but if I did, I would make them go play.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2009