What do you have on your list to make for Holiday decorations and Christmas gifts this year?

To all the crafters out there what are you planning on making for the up comming holiday seasons? What is on your list to make for Christmas gifts?

sew4fun

Asked by sew4fun at 12:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• My list is too long so I had to add it here.. I plan on making both my daughters pillows and curtins for their rooms, dress up clothes for my little one, a purse for my older daughter, a barbie tote bag that I will fill with barbies and clothes for my little one, dresses for both girls, Wreaths for my mom and mother in law, jewlery for my mom and mother in law, a gardening gift bucket/basket for my father in law.. There are a few other things too. I am not sure if I will have time to make anything to decorate with but I would love to be able to make new stockings, a tree skirt, wall hanging and ornaments for Christmas and placemats and table runners for halloween and thanksgiving..
    sew4fun

Answer by sew4fun at 12:26 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I'm crocheting afghans for my youngest son and hopefully DD too. I have 1 yard of a beautiful plaid polar fleece that I'll finish the edges for a lap blanket for my parents. I'm also cross stitching pictures for them and I'll make up a goodies basket of homebaked goods, apple butter and jams. I'm planning on sewing flannel pajama pants for the tween boys. I'm thinking polar fleece blankets for my adults sons and my hubby. In laws will get a goodies basket and soup mixes (gifts in a jar). DD may also get Barbie clothes for her dolls. I'm still working on my list!

We're also planning on making beaded and cross stitched ornaments and we always make and decorate a gingerbread house together. Oh, and I found these lighted ornament balls for outdoor decorations that I'm going to try at http://www.instructables.com/id/Sparkleball_Mini_for_the_Holidays/
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I have 5 blankets to make. I am making a cameo fleece blanket, and 2 crocheted blankets, and I "hired" my mother to quilt two blankets. They are for my cousins kids and wife for the christmas draw. ANd I have another 2 blanket to crochet for my sister-in-laws, one for her wedding and another for her new baby.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Last year, I gave most of my family wire wrapped jewelry that I had made.. I'll probably end up doing the same thing this year! LOL!
    Seraphimred

Answer by Seraphimred at 12:49 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I am going to try to do rag quilts for my nieces and nephews. I am not sure for everyone else. It's hard! (especially on a budget!) Hopefully, we could do a drawing instead of having to get everyone something. :) I LOVE Christmas, we just don't have much money this year. Especially after having our little girl. I want to spend more on her this year! :)
    Bran517

Answer by Bran517 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 30, 2009