Are you a hypocrite

Have you been labeled a hypocrite?

Do you see yourself as one?

Does it really matter to you if you are called one?

bloodbought

Asked by bloodbought at 12:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Have you been labeled a hypocrite?Yes

Do you see yourself as one?Yes, everyday I fall short of what God calls me to do. All I can do is pick myself up and continue to try.

Does it really matter to you if you are called one? Nope, I find most the people who call others hypocrites are hypocrites themselves, unfortunately,  they are unable to realize their faults and work to correct them.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Before we get into this, we need to establish exactly what hypocrisy is.

You might think a hypocrite is someone who doesn't live up to the standards he believes in. Everybody has goals they haven't yet achieved, and it not hypocrisy to have unachieved goals.

The word "hypocrite" comes from a Greek theatrical term, which literally means, "to answer from under a mask." A hypocrite is someone who pretends to be something they are not; or more simply, a hypocrite is an actor, a fake, a phony.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 12:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I AM NOT A HIPOCRATE, NOR DO I SEE MYSELF AS ONE, AND I DON'T CARE WHAT OTHERS THINK.

Answer by older at 12:50 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Have you been labeled a hypocrite? Yes, most people have been labeled one at one time in their lives or another. When I don't follow the version of the Bible that someone else spins, "hypocrite" is the natural thing to call me or anyone else.

Do you see yourself as one? All Christians (except maybe those who believe in Entire Sanctification and believe they have reached the state of being "Entirely Sanctified" :-) ) should see themselves as hypocrites from time to time. We profess a faith that condemns sin and even judge and condemn the sins of others while going in sin ourselves.

Does it really matter to you if you are called one? Yes, actually, it does. If I am not being a hypocrite, I can't help it when others perceive me that way but ti does make me sad that they've misunderstood my message. When I am being a hypocrite, I appreciate others telling me in kindness. (cont)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• "A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold." Proverbs 22:1
    NovemberLove

• no
    no
    no
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I think if you look at my views from when I was 20 and compare them to me in my 30's~you might say I am a hypocrite. I see it as maturing and evolving. But ohh well...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• With me, what you see is what you get. But what you see is not always exactly what I am. I have many different sides--the mother and grandmother is a different person than the witch or the atheist. And to see the total picture you have to reconcile all my sides to see the whole person.

There's an old saying that it takes one to know one. I hid behind the hypocritical mask of a godslave for 30 years and I usually know when I'm faced with one. They are nearly always the first ones to cry "hypocrite" and they are the ones whose opinions matter LEAST to me.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I'm a hypocrite when it comes to a lot of stuff. There are actions that don't bother me when I perform them, but they irk me when other people do. I think it has to do with my Asperger's, I dunno.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a hypocrite. I don't expect other people to call me out on it because I know well and good that I am one.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• You are the dictionary definition again. You're two for two!

_nice, real nice. Are those the qualities of an atheist? Name calling? OH I know you are going to talk about how Christians name call. So Atheism is about follow the leader?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2009