Does it bother you when strangers aske the gender of you baby?

I was in Target the other day and a stranger came up and told me how cute my baby was and blah blah blah. I'm used to it so it didn't bother me. But then she asked if he was a boy or a girl. In my opinion he is clearly a boy but even so he was wearing a 'boy clothes.' It just annoyed me so badly that she even asked.

jennifercalling

Asked by jennifercalling at 12:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I get that all the time to. My son is three and I have had people mistake him for a girl and I had him all dressed in blue. People are nuts. My daughter on the other hand is six months old and I have dressed her in some of her brothers old clothes and people do think she is a boy because she is in blue but that is my fault but it still makes me clrazy sometimes. Even when I have her in pink peole still ask.
    samsmom14

Answer by samsmom14 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• lol i had that alot 2 she would be in pink a dress and a bow on her head and got asked boy or girl .. i got tired of being asked so i said she is a boy im training her on how to be gay
    anarose26

Answer by anarose26 at 12:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I'd rather they ask then assume. I can't tell you how many times I've been out with my son and people assume he's a girl. Don't know why - he's usually in blue or green...
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Nope. It doesn't bother me if they guess wrong either. I do laugh when they call her a boy and she's in a dress. XD
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 4:21 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Don't be offended. It can be hard to tell if they are in neutral clothing. But if they have a pink bow in their hair then I would be annoyed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• LOL i get this ALOT and I hate it! when she was 6 days old we went out to eat. I sat my daughter up on the table in her pink carseat, she was in a pink track suit with a pink bow on her head and the waitress was like "AWWW Is that a boy or a girl?" I was like WTF? Seriously? You really can't tell? I couldn't even answer her at first, I just stared at her like she was stupid LOL.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 12:52 AM on Aug. 17, 2009