sunburn can cause pre-term labor?

my friend just said that getting a sunburn can cause pre-term labor.. i burn pretty easily no matter what sunscreen i put on... im not going to panick about it, just curious...

cqjg61508

Asked by cqjg61508 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hmm, because the body is dealing with a crisis??
    I would guess it might be more related to dehydration that can accompany being outdoors for a long time.
    I hadn't heard this before.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I would say that it is more like dehydration. Where I live, dehydration is the #1 cause of miscarriage and pre term labor. Being in the sun all day and not staying hydrated would cause the pre term labor, but I dont think its the sunburn in itself. If you're gong to be outside, wear sunscreen and DRINK ALOT of water
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 1:55 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• yea thats what i thought too.. i was like ive heard that dehydrating causes it, but a sunburn? lol.. i always have something to drink with me, whether im outside or inside.. thanks guys!!!
    cqjg61508

Answer by cqjg61508 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 16, 2009