Right wing tricked these women into anti NHS ad?

Earlier this year, Conservatives for Patients Rights (CPR), an anti-health care reform group led by the disgraced former CEO of Columbia/HCA Healthcare Rick Scott, began running a commercial attacking the British health care system. The TV ad runs through “tragic stories” of British citizens who it portrays as being against government-run health care such as the National Health Service (NHS)
Now, the Daily Mail is reporting that two of the women featured in the commercial say they were “duped” into appearing in CPR’s ad campaign

Furious Kate Spall and Katie Brickell claim that their views on the NHS have been misrepresented by a free market campaign group opposed to Mr Obama’s reforms in a bid to discredit the UK system.

Ms Spall and Ms Brickell both agreed to appear in a documentary on healthcare reform. But neither knew that the footage would be used as part of a TV advertising campaign carried on US networks.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 1:42 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHer9bKn438

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/08/15/cpr-tricked-women/
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:42 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I don't understand how these women agreeing to be on a documentary BUT not on a commercial changes the facts of the one not getting the pap she needed and the other woman's mother waiting on a list. Those are the kinds of things that we are trying to keep from happening in America. I want to continue to have my SCREENING mammograms every year - I don't want to have to wait until one is diagnostically necessary before it's covered (and that's in the new bill). No one can tell me that Screening is the same as diagnostic - they're not. One is proactive the other is reactive.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Those are the kinds of things that we are trying to keep from happening in America. I

Then you should be PROTESTING the INSURANCE companies NOW!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• sweet: move to Russia, or Venezuela, or Cuba, or any other socialist communist country and stop ruining my life!

spinning globe

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• There is a trend here ladies. Sweet-a-kin, LOVES Huffington Post. Google everyone of her questions... :o) And she critiques Fox News? Interesting... You know what, they voiced their frustration. Even if only for reform, and not its "abolition"~ it doesn't change that there are parts of NHS they do not like. This isn't a government entity running this ad.  It is a PAC. Unethical? Perhaps. File a complaint and let's see who's get addressed first this one or the ones filed against ACORN or the NEW Black Panthers..... IMO, each and every NHS problem will only be magnified here because we have MORE people. It doesn't take rocket science to understand there are just too many people in the US for the government to have as much control in health care as Obamacare wants to do. Who is going to pay? I don't want to pay the taxes the UK pays.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2009