car seat in a two door car??

its about 5 weeks till my son gets here and we are trying to get the car seat situation taken care of both car seats fit find in my boyfriends car, he has a 4 door car with middle seat belt, but i have a saturn sc2 it technically has 3 doors with no middle seat belt i tried putting it in on the passenger side and it goes it but idk if its right has anyone else had this problem? please help

1mama2B

Asked by 1mama2B at 1:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When I had my first, I had a Camaro, hump in the back between the seats. I had a carseat with the base, it was a tight fit, but do-able. We ended up getting a four door only when his brother came along and we needed more room.
    LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 1:55 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I have a Mustang and the carseat will fit in the back seat on the passenger side; however, it is very tight. The hardest part is getting the baby in and out of the car seat because I have to get in the backseat to do this. It definitely gets old. Our baby will be a year old in a few months so we can turn the seat around. That will make it a little easier or so I am hoping. Good luck!!! It definitely is a pain with a 2 door car and a carseat. Our other vehicle is a Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 so putting the baby in there is a breeze.
    Proudmomof82008

Answer by Proudmomof82008 at 1:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• We ended up going to a remsa function and had them do it for us professionally!
    alyjax03

Answer by alyjax03 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I have an Acura RSX-- and I'm not even going to try. We're buying a new car!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 2:33 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Go to the website below, and find a car seat check event near you and have it professionally installed. That's the best, and safest idea.

http://www.safekidsweb.org/events/events.asp

milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 6:50 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• i have a pick up and as ling as it fits in the designated "seat" and doesnt move more than an inch in an direction is ok.
    treystiredmommy

Answer by treystiredmommy at 9:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2009