Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If my child swallowed a foreign object, what symptoms would he have?

My SO lost his house key two days ago when Jude was playing with them. Yesterday, my son started running a low grade temperature and having really bad diarrhea. We passed it off with teething since he's not really wanting to eat and is drooling a lot, but today during a seriously awful diaper change, SO ask me if I've seen blood in Jude's stool cause he thought it was weird we cleaned the entire house and didn't find his house key. I haven't seen any blood in his stool, but ever since SO mentioned it, I've been worried. What symptoms would he be having if he had swallowed it?

Answer Question
 
Blueberryplz

Asked by Blueberryplz at 1:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • oka well i think that if he swallowed a house key you wouldveheard him choking..because house keys arent going to be that easy to get down.so i really dont think he did. but IF he did he would probably be very uncomfortable by now. lots of stomach pain and being extremly fussy. he probably would not be able to pass it on his own..scary. but like i said before you probably wouldve been able to hear him choking. by the way love his name:)
    naturepeace

    Answer by naturepeace at 2:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

  • if i was in that situation i would take him to the er.
    angelairelan

    Answer by angelairelan at 2:34 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

  • I'd take him to the er or a walk-in clinic for x-ray to be on the safe side.
    ShadesofGrey

    Answer by ShadesofGrey at 3:26 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.