Will I get another sonogram if I switch doctors?

My covarage changed so I am forced to switch my doctor, which I am very upset about because I love my doctor.. =(
But anyway, I was just wondering if any of you ladies know if it is likely that the new doctor is going to want to see the baby for herself?

Even though I have had 3 already from my previous doctor ?..
Idk it's just a question, I'm curious as to if I get to see my little on again .. =)
[I'm 28weeks]

xohcannizzo

Asked by xohcannizzo at 1:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Are you & baby healthy, is there a possible reason they should look more? Some doctors will because they can bill for that. But I prefer to hope they won't and rely on previous scans. It is good to consider limited scanning, for baby's sake. You can ask your doctor, they might be happy to oblige!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• If there's nothing wrong with you or the baby, then you most likely will not get any more. I got one at 16 weeks to figure out the sex and that was going to be it...but I developed preeclampsia with my son and needed a check at 34 weeks to make sure he was measuring okay and my placenta was working correctly.
    With my DD I got an u/s at 8 weeks to make sure the baby was viable, then at 20 weeks to check the sex and then at 34 weeks again because I developed preeclampsia again and she was measuring small...low and behold she was 8lbs 12oz when born, she was fine.
    chairhead28

Answer by chairhead28 at 2:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• All of your records should transfer t the new doctor’s office. If the problem that necessitated the three previous tests has resolved, then there is no reason to do an additional test.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2009