Does anyone know of a way to relieve ciatic nerve pain?

My nerve in the right side of my lower back is making my rigth leg and knee hurt! Just looking for suggestions for relief of pain so I can get on with my day without it hurting!!

alyjax03

Asked by alyjax03 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Health

• Your physician should order an x-ray or MRI first to determine why the sciatic nerve is causing you pain. If you have had any trauma or some sort of injury then they would look at that site to see if the nerve is being pinched in some way. There are medications that can be prescribed, but they leave you doped up. There are therapists & chiropractors you can try, but it depends on how bad the injury site is.
    I have lived for years with chronic lower back and sciatic pain, but it is too long of a story to get into. Let me just say that I have tried everything I mentioned above, and even had emergency surgery.
    I am currently seeing a specialist for pain management to prevent further surgery and there are multiple treatments they can do until they find the right one for you. For me, it was found that the epidural was the best form of treatment for my lower back and sciatic pain.
    I wish you the best!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• A chiropractor should be able to help you with sciatica

Answer by rkoloms at 2:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2009