baby formula question

My son is 10 days old and first few days he was crying after his feedings like if he was in pain constantly our pediatrician changed his formula told us to try enfamil nutrimagen. Wondering if anyone out there is on that formula and how do you like it..I think it has a horrible smell to it and he still cries so dont know if it works.

x03e09

Asked by x03e09 at 2:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• all formulas smell awful
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Call his doctor back and ask if you can switch him to enfamil genltease for fussiness and gas. My DD was the same way and that worked so well it was like I had a happy baby from the first feeding on. If you have any questions please PM me anytime.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I also suggest the gentlease, we used that for my daughter and it worked like a charm.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:23 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I did buy gentle ease and tried for about 3 to 4 feedings but he was still fussy and crying..I have been going online and searching formulas and have been reading about carnation good start..anyone recomend this formula?
    x03e09

Answer by x03e09 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• My son had a horrible time with all of the formulas. And even the one he had alittle less trouble with, he still got some bad gas from it.

I also breastfeed, though, and only gave him formula because the hospital / NICU messed up my breastfeeding.

He doesn't get formula anymore -- I worked really hard to get him off of it..

Have you thought about getting donor milk from someone who breastfeeds -- so you don't have to feed him formula? Most of the moms that have an over-supply would probably love to help you give your baby better food.

I didn't even know there was such a thing as donor milk until I came onto these boards recently. I would've done that instead and never given him formula if I'd known about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• You're only 10 days out, maybe you could breastfeed? You can still stimulate your milk. I'm not against formula at all, but it sounds like he would definitely do best with mama's milk. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• We used nutramigen for 2 months. Their systems are very sensitive and that is the most sensitive formula for digestion. It smells like cat food as far as I am concerned. At one point they gave perscription gas drops for 5 days, because the mylicon isn't really beneficial when they are that bad. It was hard when I stopped BF, it sucks for you and them. Good luck....my little one is awake. If you have any questions feel free to email me...gotta go!!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 5:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2009