Do you answer questions hoping to get best answer or just to help people?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I answer questions to help people. Getting the best answer doesn't matter to me. If I can help out a fellow mommy then I am happy with that.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I answer to help.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Why would you answer just to get best answer? Thats just silly, you don't get anything out of it.

By the way, I answer to help.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I answer to help. But it does make me feel good when I get chosen for best answer.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:25 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I never really thought about being best answer when I first started doing this. Then I began to get picked a lot as best answer and I thought...hey, cool, people really do want my advice. I think because I am honest but I dont just go for blood when someone shares something vulnerable. I really do try to listen and be openminded. I get mean when I am defending the OP. When I see someone really act mean and nasty, I will lay into them pretty hard. If I dont like the question or feel its a bait question, I simply ignore it. I still answer questions to help other people, but like the PP said, its nice when someone gives you credit for being the best answer. It makes you feel good. I guess it just proves that everyone wants to be relevant...Ya know?
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:29 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• i answer to help!! best answers are great..but, really, its not like ya win a prize for it..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• This:
    I answer to help. But it does make me feel good when I get chosen for best answer.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:44 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• One thing I value about CafeMom is all the nice people here who give thoughtful and informed answers. It is such a good thing to hear different points of view. Sometimes I read an answer and think, well that says it all, I can't possibly give more or better advice than that, so I respectfully move on knowing that the mom has what seems to me to be a very good answer already. Sometimes a mom doesn't seem to be getting much response, so I answer as well as I can, sometimes doing some research online so I have some ideas about answering. Because I care so much about the ladies here, I am pleased to offer information when I have it, or advice if I have any experience in the matter or have read information. I am tremendously flattered when some of my answers are picked as best.

Answer by Bmat at 2:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I answer to help....I feel that I help others they will return the favor....
    2lilmom

Answer by 2lilmom at 3:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I just give my thoughts. If it is chosen, that is fine. If it isn't, this is fine too.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2009