Teething Baby Eating

My 9 mo is teething big time. Every time I try to feed him his food he will grab the spoon from me and gnaw on it to relieve the teething. This makes it a lot harder for me to feed him and if I try to take the spoon away from him he starts crying and just grabs it back next time I give him a spoonful of food. Any helpful suggestions to make feeding time easier?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they make this large looking pacifier with a mesh baggie on it...i would reccomend getting one, cutting up some frozen fruit...and popping it into the bag for the baby to gnaw on...that way they are soothing thier gums AND eating!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• At 9 mo., I switched to finger foods exclusively...my daughter decided she was done with the spoon. It is easy to do...I just did a steamer basket full of veggies and one full of fruit every couple of days. Make sure you steam it until it is soft enough to squish between your tongue and the roof of your mouth. Dice it and put it in the fridge...its good for 3-4 days as long as you microwave or heat it to steaming prior to serving. Fish is really soft. Squished beans are good. Banana and Avocado can be served as is...no need to steam. Baby Mum Mums, Cheerios, Crackers, toast and cream cheese, etc.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I used two spoons at those times, one for him, one for me. He had these small all plastic spoons that were meant for introduction to self feeding.
    Amy82

Answer by Amy82 at 3:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2009