I'm not a fish person.

Hahah . . funny title. Seriously though, I have never liked fish, but I want to start. Fish lovers, tell me what are your favorite types of fish . . . preferably ones that don't taste too fishy and have a nice texture! Thanks!

p.s. I'm putting this in Just For Fun, because I know it gets the most traffic.

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 3:00 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i HATE fish too...but someone at work said if i want to try fish the BEST way to go is Halibut...what i do is take a good piece, put it in a casserole dish, put an inch of milk on the bottom (keeps the fish moist) add a dolop of butter on top of the fish, then put some seafood stuffing on it (most seafood departments have some ready, make sure its the crumbly kind). Bake it at 350 for 20 min...then put it on broil for just a few min more to give it a nice crust....put it on a dish and sprinkle some lemon juice on it....
    FIRST time i tried it I was HOOKED!!!!!!! and i hate fish!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I'm not much of a fish person either, but I can handle talapia OK. I love canned tuna LOL
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• tilapia. It's a white fish and I usually use McCormick lemon pepper seasoning on it and just kind of cook/steam it in a skillet. It isn't very fishy tasting to me, it may depend on how it is cooked though
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Try salmon with a nice honey glaze sauce. Do you shop at Costco? They carry "The Ultimate FIsh Stick" that is really, really good...plus its breaded so it has a nice flavor. Creole fried catfish is super yummy but also very fattening. =)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I don't like fish either, BUT I will eat Salmon with a lot of pepper:) I was just walking buy GNC the other day, though and they have some sort of fish vitamins so i think I'm just going to do that from now on...
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I've never been a fish person either. I can eat shrimp and imitation crab just fine though. Oh and Captain D's fried fish, lol. I finally decided to try REAL fish when I was 18 on a date. I had tilapia, and it was SOO good! It didn't taste fishy. But turns out I'm allergic to tilapia, so I generally stay away from new fish. Oh, shark is really good though!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Farm-raised catfish is a great fish for people who don't like fish. I just dredge it in flour and spices, and grill it in a cast-iron pan.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Talapia, cod, or halibut are all mild fishes. I love salmon but it can be more fishy tasting. Fish isn't supposed to smell overly fishy and if it does then it's not good fish. I hope that makes sense lol.

a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Flounder!! it's the only fish I will eat.. Coated with Seafood breading & fried or Baked w/potatoes, red pepper seasoning and onions.. Mmm Mmm good!
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 3:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I have never been able to eat anything fishy except canned tuna (but only if it's cold, as a sandwich or in my own pasta salad recipe) and the rare piece of fish from Long John Silver's, which is white fish. I can't get past the smell for any other type of seafood.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 3:29 PM on Aug. 16, 2009