Mucus Plug Still Expelling?

Thursday I went to my OB when he supposedly pulled my mucus plug. Which by the way hurt. It is now Sunday and I still seem to have this gelatin like substance that is extremely sticky coming out occassonally. Is this still some of my mucus plug?

lucy1930281

Asked by lucy1930281 at 3:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes....it can reform...its totally normal!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Yeah...this happened to me, too. Apparently it can "grow back" so it seems like it just keeps coming.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Sounds like you might have had your Membranes Swept/Stripped. The mucous plug is like a giant snot loogey and can come out in little pieces or a large glob. And it can regenerate, so there may be no end in sight...
    Stay strong, things are changing!! :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I have never heard of your mucous plug hurting, that doesnt make any sense to me.

Are you sure your OB didnt strip your membranes? That can hurt if you arent very dilated and the loss of the mucous plug would follow
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:33 PM on Aug. 16, 2009