Should women be allowed on the battlefield?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/16/us/16women.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1

Great article about the G I Janes out there fighting for our country, Please take some time to read

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 3:21 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No one should have to go to war .....male or female ....
    G-Ma62

Answer by G-Ma62 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• All I know is what I can say about myself. I know that I have the intellegence to learn what needs to be learned. I don't know if I could ever "train" myself to supress the emotional side of being a female. I wouldn't want me to be the one another person was depending on to watch his/her back in battle as infantry. There are, however, plenty of jobs women can do that supports and enhances the job done in battle.

coast guard

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:35 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Personally, I couldn't do it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Personally, I couldn't do it.

But do you believe OTHER WOMEN can? They already are....Much respect to these tough and courageous butt kicking ladies!!

come home

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:46 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• If women chose to fight, I'm alright with that. I support anyone who chooses to defend our country.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 4:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• No. Women on the front lines would be a distraction to the men. You are stuck there for long periods of time. Rapes would become a problems. Mix close quarters of men and women, boredom of waiting, and the violence of war and you have a combination for disaster.

Besides...when they're stuck in a fox hole for days and days with no showers, no means to clean up, what will a menstruating women do and what man would want to be stuck with her?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• No. Women on the front lines would be a distraction to the men. You are stuck there for long periods of time. Rapes would become a problems. Mix close quarters of men and women, boredom of waiting, and the violence of war and you have a combination for disaster. Besides...when they're stuck in a fox hole for days and days with no showers, no means to clean up, what will a menstruating women do and what man would want to be stuck with her?

You should read the article, its already happening and those women are already quite successful

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:24 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• mancosmomma:If women chose to fight, I'm alright with that. I support anyone who chooses to defend our country.

I agree.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I think men have an instinct to protect women and that might be a distraction that could lead to mistakes. I personally couldn't do it and I don't know any women who could. I'm not saying they can't but I don't think its something average Jane can do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I'm anon 6:34. Just want to add that I think the death or horrible wounds of a female soldier would cut much more deeply into the psyche of the unit.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2009