15 mth old still not eating "table food".....help

My daughter is 15 mths old and still will not eat table food. She wont even eat the 3rd stage baby food she just gags. She seen a diatitionary(sorry about spelling) at the health department they want to do a swallow exam on her at the hospital...its like an x-ray of her swallowing food. She also is in theropy for delay in motor skills (she is still can not stand or walk or crawl). I dont know if the eating is just a delay as well or something serious. Has any other mom's had similar problems? Any advise?

2lilmom

Asked by 2lilmom at 3:30 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I imagine they will give her a barium swallow. It's basically an x-ray, but with a liquid to swallow first. I hope it's nothing serious.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• it sounds to me like the eating is just a delay. But I'm not a doctor. I wouldn't push the food. Was she a preemie?
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 4:46 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• my daughter dose not eat much she has to use a feeding tube a swallow study is easy do it b/c they maybe able to figure it out also check out "oral aversions" this might be the case. Talk to her doc and get a referral to see a speech thyripst they can help beleave me my daghter has been like this for a long time. A great book to read is call "poor eaters" or "just take a bite" the library will be able to get them for you good luck to you and your daughter please let me know if you have any questions.
    toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 5:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Yes she was a preemie....yea she is on a waiting list for the speech theropist
    2lilmom

Answer by 2lilmom at 3:16 PM on Aug. 25, 2009