Will Obama inforce a mandatory draft for college?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I hope not. College should only be for those who take initiative, a privilege. If not it's a waste of money. Also, FAFSA is already available to anyone.

Not to forget, if college becomes free, the government will choose who goes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• No, but I'd rather a draft for college than for war...especially we are lagging behind alot of other countries as far as education, doctors, engineers and scientists

Where do you people come up with this stuff??
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:44 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Sweet-a-kins, I agree. Where do they come up with this stuff? Draft for college? It IS better than Draft for the service,that's for sure. EVERYONE needs a much education as they can get. Its pretty obvious when people don't get enough education,isn't it.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• No, he doesn't care if they go to college. He just wants the ones who do go to want it paid for by the government thus forcing them to do community volunteer service.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

Yes, two HORRIBLE things....Community volunteer service AND college education......A republicans nightmare....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:26 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I would LOVE to see one or two years of mandatory national service for all high school graduates/18 year olds. It could be military, National Park Service, VISTA, Americorp, etc.

Bring back the WPA and the CCC!!!

Answer by rkoloms at 5:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• . Its pretty obvious when people don't get enough education,isn't it.

It is frustratingly obvious to me.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 6:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2009