An array of discomforts...any relief??

BH contractions on & off through out the day, lower ab cramping that was increasingly bad last night but today is just a steady dull pain, lower back soreness that makes it hard to move around, & just plain discomfort. Any suggestions to relax or at least ease some of the discomfort (without tylonal if possible)?

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think that you can try to drink a LOT more water, eat healthily, and rest as much as you can. Sometimes not caring for your basic essentials can trigger that stuff. (as can baby moving, needing to pee, sexual activity, others touching your belly)
    Baby's position can cause discomfort, too.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• When are you due? How about baths, or prenatal yoga/swimming classes, Backaches

doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I am due on Halloween. I am currently 29weeks 1day.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 3:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Thanks =)
    I've been doing my best to keep my nutrients up, especially considering my insane diet due to hypertension AND gestational diabetes...I'm basically eating as well as I ever have LOL. I'll just keep it up & try to relax in a bath for now. Thank you again.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 4:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• No problem!! :-D Keep me posted & message me if you need anything!
    Best wishes, mama! :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Try some warm and cold sensations when cramping such as a cool rag on the surface of where the cramps are at or warm if cold doesn't seem to ease them. Try a little walking maybe to ease some cramping or possibly ease the BH not much just some. For your lower back try a heating pad! That should ease some tension for atleast an hour or two to give you some relief and again if heating pad hurts even more cool it off put an ice pack back there for a lil while. I was in a car wreck when I was prego and seen 2 diff chiros and they each varied with hot and cold solutions so you really have to choose which is right for you (which is helping.) I had severe lower back pain from the wreck so the heating pad was what leveled some of it out for me. I also had bad back labor =/ Also try laying on different sides. It may get aggravating switching sides but it could help maybe move the baby without actually putting pressure to move..
    daisy_5245

Answer by daisy_5245 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• ..him or her. You could lay on one side for 5-10 minutes and then try the other. Good luck! I hope these ideas can help you! =)
    daisy_5245

Answer by daisy_5245 at 4:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2009