military school or boot camp?

whats the diffrence & can any of you recordmend 1?? or how do i find one that is not private & does except financial aid? it hs to be for teenage boys, please! i hope ou can help THANX

jaidah917

Asked by jaidah917 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• There should be an pre-ROTC programs in some high schools.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I have done alot of research on boot camps because my nephew was way out of control and he needed major dicipline but when I was doing the research on the boot camps I found out horrible things and would not even put my child in boot camp! Now military school might be ok , you would just have to do some research yourself on these places! Is your son out of control? I would call the juvenile office and get him a probation officer and talk to them about what is going on and they can also tell you the info you are wanting about boot camps and military school! Ask them which place you can send him to! Good luck

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• its not my son its my lil brother he just turned 16 & h is way out of control my parents have tried everything & now thy feel like military school boot camp or even job corp is best for him b4 he gets his self seriously hurt with the things he is doing
    jaidah917

Answer by jaidah917 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• It'll have to depend on his mindset as well...
    I do know some kids REALLY don't do well with military camp - they get considerably worse. However, I'm a firm support of the military and believe that it's a very good thing for a boy to experience - particularly. They have much needed structure, discipline, and a "constant" presence that most parents honestly don't have the time to display. Which isn't a bad thing.
    I would recommend military school, vs. boot camp.
    Boot camp is.. kind of like a boys work ranch. They work you till your dog tired, etc.
    Military school... is all about boot camp, PLUS schooling from "hardcore" teachers. :] You learn a lot of valuable lessons, and you also get to become close with other kids your age. A bonding experience.
    I hope everything works out for you!
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:24 PM on Aug. 16, 2009