Mary Robinsons medal of freedom?

Barack Obama’s decision to award the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Mary Robinson has generated unexpected but emotionally charged opposition. Appointed by then-U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan as high commissioner for human rights in 1997-2002, Ms. Robinson had a controversial but ineffective tenure. (Previously, she was president of Ireland, a ceremonial position.)

cont. at link below

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 4:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• So?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Anything to complain,huh? This negativity is getting so boring. Good grief. Isn't there anything else you can do? Like go clean the outhouse?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• No but I can shove you into the outhouse anon.Thanks ladies such great astounding input
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:10 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Srsly. I'm a conservative and I'm wondering what the connection is to anything of importance. With all the BIG things going on, I don't see how this is a big deal. You have to choose your battles, and I choose to battle over the big stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Yeah because its just no big deal that the man aligns himself with alot of anti semites.No big deal who his associates of many years have been :eye roll: at this rate it is no wonder our country is in this shape.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• It's an issue and there is no rule to what you can talk about. Persoanlly I'm tired of hearing Libs boo hoo about the American people schooling Obama on healthcare. We can talk about other things. It's as relavent as sore boobies and toddler tantrums on other lists.
    Obama picks were clearly political.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2009