baby dropping contd

ok so i asked this question before and didnt really get any answers so....the other day my baby dropped yet again,shes already dropped once and now shes dropped again! shes really low in my abdomen...now ive been experiencing sharp pains in my vajayjay,i just lost the rest of my mucus plug a day ago...so does this mean im dialating more and about to go into labor?
ps; im 40wks

dilemma1

Asked by dilemma1 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nothing means anything for certain.    But all the signs combined sure do help to see things are changing, progressing, and preparing for delivery.  That could happen today or in 2 weeks.    Your body is doing exactly what it's supposed to do--  get all set up.

Good luck!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I would go to the hospital and have them check you out. You might be going into labor already and since your r 40weeks already, it is nearly time. I believe in never going past a few days after 40 weeks. Just heard too many horror stories for moms whose dr. wanted them to wait 1-3 weeks. Good luck and congrats.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 4:26 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Babies drop like 7 times towards the end of pregnancy & during labor/delivery. So just because she dropped again doesnt mean that you are necessarily nearing labor, although at 40 weeks... you probably are.

You are probably dilating more because you did lose your plug but that doesnt mean that labor is nearing. And it doesnt matter how dilated you are anyways, it doesnt mean you are in labor. I was 5cm for over a week before I was induced
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:30 PM on Aug. 16, 2009