Death link to swine flu vaccine....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/health/Swine_flu/article6797993.ece

HEALTH officials have warned doctors of possible similarities between the new swine flu vaccine and a jab linked to 25 deaths in America in the 1970s.

There are already many cases of swine flu down here. Some schools are shutting down classrooms for 48 hrs, some schools are shutting down completely. It's entirely up to each school. I haven't heard anything local about the swine flu Vaccines (and I am sorry if there have been a ton of this question already...) but what is ya'lls take? Are you getting you or your children vaccinated? Are you going to hold off and let a little time pass first? Do you have cases popping up in your school system?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 4:49 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My kids school sent a letter home about it the usual about staying home and they have to be sick free for at least 24 hrs before returning.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Lets fuel the fear why don't we! The vaccine hasn't even been developed for mass use yet, they have only begun trials.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Are you getting you or your children vaccinated? no my husband might have to get it.
    Are you going to hold off and let a little time pass first? nope I don't want it and I am not gonna give my son something I won't personally do.
    Do you have cases popping up in your school system? Not yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• im scared
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I'm sorry Anon :52...but that was the headline as it was written and made ME concerned, so I thought I would find out what OTHER moms thought....sort of the reason for the section and all. I don't know yet what I will do. I am going to see if I can do a little digging, but I know YOU ladies are really good at digging up info and was wondering what you had come across.....By the way, thank you anon

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I'm anti vaccine and i think the swine flu vaccine is possibly the biggest bag of BS i've ever heard. More people die of the regular flu each year then the swine flu.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• not getting it, my son isn't either, there is no reason for it..i am a SAHM and we barely go out in public maybe 2 times a week
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 5:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I'm really worried because I'm pregnant. I'm due in December. Also, I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. This strain of flu has been very bad for pregnant women and infant. I'm very concerned.

Since I'm pregnant, I'm at the top of the priority list for the shot. But, my dad had a cousin that died of the flu vaccine in the 70's. I'll be talking to my OB about what I should do.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:23 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I will have NOTHING to do with this vaccine, ive already decided this months and months ago. We dont even get the flu vaccine.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 5:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

My uncle is paralyzed from the vaccination in the 1970's. So we do need to be very careful and not buy into the scare tactics over this illness.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Aug. 16, 2009