I need some ideas for supplemental income.

I have a full time job and I need to make some extra money. I would rather not leave my son at home alone (15yrs old) any more than necessary. I am worried about making sure he can remain involved in school activities. I think they have contributed to keepintg him on the straight and narrow, but I understand it will be harder and harder in the next few years. Any ideas would be welcome.

Ashys

Asked by Ashys at 4:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• I work full time also and have involved my 2 boys in my business so when I have to be away from the house I am still involved with them. I am an independent rep with Scent Sations. There are 3 ways to earn an income- retail, fundraising and team building. You can work on 1 way or all 3 ways the choice is yours. Because my boys are active with school activities I have decided that I will not do any home parties so I am not gone during the work week. I retail my products individually and also through vendor shows which the boys help me with. Fundraising- I work this into my lunch hour at work . Team building- I do all of my team building on line so I am home during the evening and get the kids where they need to be.

If this is something that interests you take a look at my website and let me know if I can answer any questions. www.HomeAtMiaBella.com

Good luck in your search.

Kari
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Ameriplan would work well for you. It is your own business so you can work it whenever.
    You don't have to sell anything and you can do all your work right online if you'd like. I do 98% of my work online while my daughter naps :)

They offer us daily pay, residual income, 5 websites, Training and Support, Benefits, Discounts at tons of retailers nationwide and more...

You can listen to a Prerecorded info call at 616-712-1118 and jot down any questions then give me a call at 770-728-9938 and I can get those answered for you :)

The Pay Scale is really great and because you recieve residual income each month evertyime you enroll someone you give your monthly income a raise :) So overtime you can really build something big for you and your family!!

Good Luck and God Bless!!!
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 5:21 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with three lines of business; I am doing lead generation for a sales and service organization; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:23 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I stay at home selling the Nexagen USA products I really enjoy doing that does not take much time out of your day to do at all.  Take a look at the program there is 6 different ways to be compensated.  What a nice program.  http://www.thepatchthatpays.com

patchthatpays

Answer by patchthatpays at 5:35 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I recently started working from home and I must say that I'm very happy with my decsion. I work with a great team of Moms, we work for Internet CEO Moms. We help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! Just a A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS.
    Visit me at :
    www.4MyFamilyandMe.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 5:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Well, there are lots of things onine to do.  I mainly sell on eBay.   But I also write articles for eHow.  As well, I have lots of great ideas for stay at home business information in my articles.  You can check them all out here:

www.athome.yolasite.com

Or in my Journal here at Cafemom:

Work at Home Article Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:44 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents
    Click on the box that says JOIN, and all the info is there. We are changing over to fall/winter stuff, so this would be included in your kit. It's super fun, and really easy. This is how I am able to stay home with my kids. Let me know if I can help with any questions. :-)
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 8:35 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Check out my website...I'm a rep for all the companies...All are free, except for one there is a $5.00 sign-up fee...
    http://melissascozycorner.webs.com/
    missdavison74@aol.com
    nymomof7

Answer by nymomof7 at 9:18 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Have you ever considered an at home business? You know x-mas is right around the corner and sales will be going up, so now is the time to join Avon! Earn a little extra shopping money or just to get products yourself free. Its easy to do and the prices are cheaper than the competetors and just as good. If you wouls like to know more contact me at cpalyo@ymail.com
    angeleyes31376

Answer by angeleyes31376 at 7:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2009