My girl?

If you are out and talking with someone and they introduce the person they are with as "this is my girl...." and they always refer to that person as their girl. What would you think they meant by that? Is it their girlfriend...lover...just a good friend or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Depends on how old the GIRL is. Could be his daughter. Or girlfriend

Answer by louise2 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• in my expirience it usually means their girlfriend/lover.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 5:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• LOL my precious DH refers to me often as "my girl" when he's talking to his friends. I've always taken it to me that "I am his and he is mine". It seems as a term of endearment to me.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 5:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Yeah it usually means my girlfriend
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Where we live it could mean either its their girlfriend or their good friend. Depends on the context. I don't understand it but yea it could mean either. I prefer to say 'my friend' or 'my husband'. But the guys here will say for a male friend 'thats my dawg' or 'bro' and the girls use 'my girl'... Now I've gone and confused myself... ahhh!!!!
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 5:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• My husband calls me and his daughter his "girls" together; but he would call me "my girl" and his daugher "my daughter" if we were separate.

I like "my girl" I would just take it as a term of endearment. If you are wondering if you are his girlfriend you should just ask him. But introducing someone as a "girlfriend" can sound cold and awkward in some crowds, where my "girl" sounds light and natural.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 6:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2009