Should i walk away?

My boyfriend of 3 1/2 years said to me last night that he is sorry that he got me pregnant, sorry that he sorry he wasn;t more aware( whatever that was supose to mean) and sorry he came into my life. Am i wrong for thinking that this all sounds like he regrets even getting involved w/me. I told him he don't have to worry bout me any more, because i think that was some f****d up s*** to say. He said he didn't mean it like that. What should i do? Am i going over board or should i not deal w/ him for awhile to make him realize because he's upset he just can't say any thing to me?

dabadstmom

Asked by dabadstmom at 4:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• maybe he feels like hes a burden to you?thats kinda what that sounds like to me.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 5:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Sounds to me he does not want to be with you any more.

Answer by louise2 at 5:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• dont forget that even though your emotions are messed up right now...so could his...this is a scary time for him as much as you...right now leaning on eachother is the best thing you can do!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 5:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• it sounds like you two need to have a LONG talk...you don't want to make any decisions until you know for sure what he meant by what he said to you! IF he meant it in the context that he doesnt want to be with you-then be glad you found out before you have your child,BUT if he meant it in the context of him thinking you're tired of him-or that he's not good enough for you then you two should talk things out! Guys need to learn how to communicate and better explain thereselves!!! Good Luck!!
    dakotasmommy06

Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 5:23 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• he is probably scared..
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 5:33 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• ask him what he did he mean by that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I agree that you need to talk and get him to explain what he actually meant... Men often word things poorly.
    It does sound like he feels regret, like he took you off of a path. Were you headed somewhere before this relationship that he might feel like he took from you? There is no real way to understand unless you talk to him about it.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 6:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• He sounds like he was just trying to tell you he's sorry he changed your life when you were not ready to make such changes. I don't see it as bad.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I agree with admckenzie, I think he was apologizing for his part in the changes that are going on. I think if you sit down and talk with him and give him a chance to clarify you'd see. If he meant it the way you took it he'd already be gone.

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:49 PM on Aug. 16, 2009