is it normal to think something bad will happen when you first discover you are preggo????

hotmama12979

Asked by hotmama12979 at 5:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Very normal.... there will always be the thought in the back of your mind what if something goes wrong, what if my baby is born with a birth defect, and you also think about things you may have done before you realized you were preggo. A ultrasound can put you at ease somewhat. but its just someething every mother thinks about.
    momma2hunter

Answer by momma2hunter at 5:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• what do you mean something bad?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Yes but its intensified if you had had a loss. I worry all the time
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 5:23 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• yes, it still happens to me and i'm 30 weeks. try not to worry though because that's not good for baby.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 7:32 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Yes, I think it is very common to worry. My sister summed it up best for me when she told me that from the moment you find out you are pregnant that is it. Prepare yourself to worry about everything. The worries just change based on the stage you are at and then the age of your child.
    What I think is that there is a price to pay for loving something so much, but it is MORE than worth it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Yes, I thought about that throughout my entire pregnancy with DD. I still don't like assuming that this pregnancy will go as planned.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 10:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• thanks u guys that made feel better
    hotmama12979

Answer by hotmama12979 at 7:36 PM on Aug. 20, 2009