My daughter hates my singing?

I have been singing since I was 5, and have won numerous awards in grade school and high school for my singing.. I sing with a professional jazz group now, but my 2 year old daughter hates my singing. She puts her hand over my mouth or runs away???? lol... I guess she has become my toughest critic..
Has this ever happened to anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Do you sing all the time? Do you think it may interfere with times you could be doing things with her? The reason I ask is because my husband is a pretty good guitar player, but he plays a lot of times when my son would like to be doing something else with him, so my son complains about the guitar. I think it is his way of saying he wishes Dad would spend more time with him. Just a thought....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• sounds to me like your bragging. do you want praise?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• She might not hate your singing, if you sing alot maybe she's just tired of hearing you sing!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 5:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Yes. I did this to my parents and now my DD does it to me.

Speaking from experience...She wants the spotlight on HER. For some reason, it was always embarrassing for me to be around when my parents sang. I'm in my 30s and I still don't like it. LOL.

My DD will cover her ears and sing over me. I ignore her and do it anyway. I'm not about her dictate when I can or cannot do something that enjoy like singing. Sometimes, though, she will sing with us, but as long as it's HER song she's singing.

Sing loud and sing proud.
    AMom29

Answer by AMom29 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• OP here... Anon 5:17 and Deidra08 I never thought of that.... I do sing a lot when I'm doing things around the house or when were coloring or playing in general. I think I need to stop doing that. Thank you! Anon 5:20, no I'm not looking for praise or bragging just looking for a little help with my Daughter..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Don't stop doing it if it makes you happy!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:24 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• This happens to me too. Both my son and daughter ask me to stop singing, and I don't even sing very often. I, too, sang in choirs for years so I know it's not the quality of my singing that they object to. They just find it annoying. I remember asking my own mom not to sing when I was a kid, and she's a great singer. I think it's because it means that mommy's not paying attention to them and they have to wait to talk. Brats, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Aug. 17, 2009