Do u think its good to join HSLDA?? ((HOmeschooling))

http://www.hslda.org/join/join.asp

i was wondering, if it is needed to join, but u have to pay (ugghhh))) : }

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• please dont homeschool your kids =( its so sad. poor kids, let them make friends and have life social experiences and interaction.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:43 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• If you expect to have any legal problems with school districts, etc. then it is a good idea to join HSLDA. They provide free legal services for their members in any problems re: homeschooling.

Personally, we were members for a year. If I hear of any problems in my state I may reconsider joining. You can still sign up for free e-alerts for your area and for weekly newsletters.

PURPUL, let it go. You'd never be able to pick my kids out of a group of PS kids as being homeschooled. HOMESCHOOLED DOES NOT EQUAL SOCIALLY INEPT. I know more PS kids that are socially awkward and deprived of interaction than I do homeschooled kids.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• To the OP...unless you are experiencing any problems with homeschooling, then I wouldn't join. Just mighigan said, if your state starts any problems, then it would probably be a good idea to join.

To Purpul...get over it already. My kids are more social then the majority of kids in public schools. They get along and makes friends with anyone and everyone. Worry about your own kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• We go through an "umbrella school" that requires it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• To Purpul: I went to PS and the form of "social interaction" that I got was all the snobs making fun of me because my clothes weren't top-of-the-line or people who were only my friends so they could use me (i.e. steal my notes for classes they were too lazy to take themselves and such.) Yeah, that's something everyone should experience.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• to purpul..How about you get educated about true homeschooling and then come back and visit us. On second thought, no...don't come back.....just get educated.

to the OP, yes and no....you need to do your research based on your personal circumstances and your homeschool laws. If you anticipate any problems, join. If your state is pretty homeschool friendly, and you do not have any enemies...you do not have to join.
    Arianna

Answer by Arianna at 1:12 AM on Aug. 17, 2009