how many gifts do u give an infant for Christmas??

My son will be 7 months old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We gave our kids one large gift (always from Santa) and then 2 or 3 smaller ones because Grandma always sent like 10 gifts too lol. I would say 4 or 5 would be enough for an infant, they aren't going to know the difference.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I personally do not give my children gifts until around 2 years old. They get so much stuff from family and friends I really don't have room for much else in my house. Half of what the children are given are either put away for later or donated to children's foundations anyways. An infant, especially a 7 month old, wont remember how many gifts you gave them. If you feel like you need to get something, just get a small gift and leave it at that...but that is just how we do it in our house!
    lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 5:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Depending on the age of the baby/infant and needs would be a factor... My DD had everything under the sun at that point, my family bought out the Baby registry and then some. So we didn't do alot of gifts I think we got her 2 things.. Some collectable figurines so we can collect them together other in the years to come...
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 5:43 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I don't know how many I got my kids as infants. But I did get things they needed. For stocking stuffers we got baby food, pacis, that sort of thing, and then clothes or jammies for gifts, stuff like that.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 7:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Keep in mind to buy things that he/she will use throughout the whole next year. There's a lot of development in that time and will need different toys at different times.

Answer by missanc at 7:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• We're planning on wrapping about 3-5 fun presents for my granddaughter to unwrap Christmas morning because she will be 10 months old. We're going to buy her toys in age variances so she can focus on one toy for her age and then move on to the next toy as she gets older, that way she will have toys available for months to come.
    I was also thinking of just getting her practical things, too, like colorful plates & bowls for when she begins to feed herself - I'm looking for the ones that suction cup to the highchair tray. I know she'd love more bath toys and she is always growing so clothes can just be placed on top of the gifts instead of having her unwrap them.
    Fewer is better and let them open one gift, enjoy it for as long as they want before having them open another. Too much excitement will upset them and make them not want to be part of the whole gift opening tradition.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2009