Where do you think our country is going to go if we lose the threat of risk?

Do you not believe that a universal social programs have a history of backfiring?

French health care system backfired,Reimbursement tariffs in French health Care system

Personally, I can't stand culturing unneeded dependency and bad decision making.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think a lot of dumping needs to be done in the social program area. They were meant to be are and are needed as a safety net for disaster such as loss of a job, divorce or death. Some programs are needed for the TRULY disabled. Having ADD or ADHD in today's world does not make you unemployable.

When people don't work to support themselves they lose their since of pride, they are deprived of a accomplishment. To make things worse, they pass that lack on to the children they raise.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Well said yourspecial well said

America come on we can do lets turn this thing around be responsible and raise responsible children
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• The entire thing comes down to one simple word - entitlement. The sense of entitlement in this country started a lot of this. The idea that everyone has an entitlement to equal wealth and material things has almost brought about our downfall. The idea that any group or subgroup can't provide for themselves, but they are entitled to money and nothing is required of them for that money has, by design, constructed a dependent class guaranteed to continually vote for the more liberal candidates. Entitlement breeds arrogance and a false sense of deserving the same rewards as people who worked hard, sacrificed, paid their dues, and achieved what they set out to achieve. The entitled just sit back and demand you give them what you have and will take it by strong arm methods if need be. Get rid of the entitlements and make people work for their living at all levels and some problems will go away.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:31 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• oops!!! "sense" of pride!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I was watching some of the town hall stuff. I saw a protestor with a sign that said, "Healthcare is a basic human right." I laughed my butt off! How long has this been? "Healthcare" has been missing from most of the world's history. It is virtually non-existent in many parts of the world today. But it is a "basic" human right, right up there with food, water & shelter!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I agree with yourspecialkid. I know people in who collect disability because they have bad eyesight, but can still read a paper, and there are people who are completely blind who hold full-time jobs. People collect disability because the have a bad ankle, when people in wheelchairs have prosperous careers.  Disability for alcoholism or drug abuse just doesn't work for me either. 

I've seen families where mom and dad are both collecting disablity, and then the kids and their wives all file for disability too.  Honestly, unless it's heriditary, or they were all in the same car accident, what is the likelyhood of six members of the same family all being disabled? 

We need a safety net, but not one that puts entire families on a entitlement spiral.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• clapping

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• yourspecialkid, you're a cool gal. I mistype too. :-)

In my opinion, everything is a privilege.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• "Healthcare is a basic human right." and not only that, but apparently FREE healthcare provided by nanny government is a basic human right, too.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• health care SHOULD be a basic human right, just like food, shelter and water. You can not LIVE without those things... just like if you got really sick you can not live without health care. To deny someone who needs health care to save their life's, is like denying them the right to food, water and shelter. Anyone who agrees that health care is not a basic human right are cold hearted.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 16, 2009