How can I get rid of water rings on furniture? Is there a way?

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 5:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Baking Soda
    Get those white marks -- caused by hot cups or sweating glasses -- off your coffee table or other wooden furniture by making a paste of 1 tablespoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon water. Gently rub the spot in a circular motion until it disappears. Remember not to use too much water.

Vinegar
    To remove white rings left by wet glasses on wood furniture, mix equal parts vinegar and olive oil and apply it with a soft cloth while moving with the wood grain. Use another clean, soft cloth to shine it up. To get white water rings off leather furniture, dab them with a sponge soaked in full-strength white vinegar.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 6:18 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Oh y ay!! Thank you so so so so much!! There is still hope for my poor coffee table! =D I'll have to get some baking soda tomorrow!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 8:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Mayonnaise works, too! Just rub it in and wipe off!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2009