Preterm Labor Will It Happen Again?

I gave birth @ 23 weeks with my 1st child she did survive but we are still struggling day to day with the delays and feeding issues (she is completely fed by mic key button) The doctors told me that i had a very bad infection in my placenta and it had attempted to come out whole , She was kicking me so hard that finally her leg came down and many hours later she was born a footling breach I was never told what the infection was or how i got it they did tell me that it was so bad that the lab sent it to the cdc (center of disease control) Now she is 19 months and we just learned I am 6 weeks preggers with # 2 I am just very worried that we could have a repeat with this child. I have set an appointment with the ob but they say they are very busy so i will not be seen for a few weeks yet. Do you think it would be likely to happen again?

toledoohiomom

Asked by toledoohiomom at 5:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, it sounds like you had an unusual circumstance. Otherwise, some women might be more *prone* to PTL. But your health sounds like the culprit. You can do everything possible to stay healthy and things are likely to go very well for you, mama!
    Good luck with everything! :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• My assumption would be that it was a one time thing and will not happen again. Had you had pre-eclampsia or GD and had to deliver early, then I would say "yes, it very well could happen again" But something like your situation doesnt happen very often so I wouldnt worry about it:)

Congratulations on the upcoming addition and for having a VERY micro-preemie that is alive and thriving:)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:23 PM on Aug. 16, 2009