How do you start a charity?

I want to start a charity to help people who can't afford medical bills for their pets.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• I bet that there is aleready one out there if you look hard enough. Starting a chartiable foundouation is not the easiest thing in the world. First of all you would have to have a sizeable chunk of change to do all the legal work such as making your self an LLC or to do your articles of incorporation. then you will need to do your IRS 501-c-3 non profit status. You would want to make sure of what your over head costs would be including but not limited to your master planning, finincial planning. You would also have to be very good at being able to soliciat funds from donors to your cause and managing your grants applications and dispersals.

I wish you luck in your quest
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2009