Thick stringy discharge?? (tmi - graphic)

I think it's my mucus plug, its thick & stringy (like elastic) ... it's mostly clear with some milky off-white discharge as well. Is that what the mucus plug looks like? Also, I know it can regenerate since I'm only 29weeks...but considering I've also been having BH contractions, dull lower ab cramping, & back soreness...should I be worried that I might be closer to labor than I am hoping for?

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 6:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lol. You sound so similar to my first pregnancy...
    I started going into early labor at 22 weeks.. he was born at 26. We weren't allowed sex either. My husband nearly went crazy... lol - he had been in Iraq as well, so he was like "NOT AGAIN!" xD Anyway....

I'm still pretty certain it's just discharge, however... one of my biggy things was bad cramping and really ... interesting bowel movements. Again!
    If you suspect ANYTHING - call your OB.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• It's not your mucous plug.. it's just discharge.
    I had it. lol. Well, okay, I'm wrong, it COULD be your mucous plug (never say never...) however, it is usually streaked with a little blood, and kind of looks like.. a loogie...
    BH contractions doens't necessarily mean you're soon to be going into labor.

If you're really concerned, you can always check in with your OB and they can do a cervix check on you and/or ultrasound. But it seems like just regular nasty vagina discharge to me!
    Oh, the joys of pregnancy. :D
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Have you had sex in the past 3 days? If so, it's most likely semin that just sat in there for a little while.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• No vaginal intercourse. Or anything that involves my vagina & semen in the same sentence LOL. I am no longer allowed actual sex because of my risk of early labor.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 6:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Wait, interesting as in how?? I've had some...well, interesting BMs lately but I thought that was just some weird pregnancy thing. Like, irregular & of different consistency than normal??
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 7:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2009