I want to know what exercises u can do for after u have your baby by c-section

I had a c-section on July 14th this year and I don't have anymore pain in the incision when i walk or do stuff, however I know if I were to do sit-ups (I have a belly that looks like 18-20 weeks pregnant by the way) and I know that doing sit-ups would definetly give me some pretty bad pain there especially in the muscles under the incision. I don't want to wait too long to exercise my stomach so what are some stomach stretches and exercises I can do that wont pull on the incision too much or hurt me too much but still give me some results of toning of some kind.

Cindy588

Asked by Cindy588 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• You should have received this information in a packet when you left the hospital. If you don’t have it, the hospital or your doctor’s office should be able to email it to you.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:25 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Ok thanks i didnt know that. I didnt get information on that. Thank you
    Cindy588

Answer by Cindy588 at 7:26 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• You need to wait a few more weeks before doing any type of abdominal exercise (unless clearned by your doctor). For right now you can go on walks with you baby in the evening (when its not so hot) and then once you are cleared by your doctor I recommend some yoga and pilates they are both good for muscle strenthening, make sure you balance it with cardio for a full body work out.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 2:34 AM on Aug. 17, 2009