How do you ditch a friend?

Well I me and my bff have been friends for a long time. About 10 years now. She is really self centered and the world revolves around her. This hasnt really been bothering me until recently. She is always competing with me and it gets on my nerves. If I do something or get something she gets something that will be 10x better than what I got and she makes sure that I know its better. She tells me my husband is odd and it really hurts my feelings. I dont talk about her pothead cheating good for nothing husband like that, until now. She smokes alot of pot and drinks alot here lately and I dont want to be around that. If I get caught hanging out at her house during a drug bust then I will lose my kids and my whole life that I have created. How do you break it off with a friend after so long. What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• tell her what you just told us:) If her feelings get hurt so what, She obviously only cares about herself so I would just dump her like I would a bad boyfriend:)
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 6:37 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Stop calling her. Or tell her that she's a bad influence and you don't need her BS in your life.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 6:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Doesn't sound like she's worth it to even think about how to "ditch her nicely."
    If you know that you can lose your kids hanging around with her as she smokes pot and drinks... that should be enough of a reason and incentive to just... stop hanging around her.
    If she calls wanting to do something - say that you've made other plans. If you've got other friends - spend more time with them.

Good luck!
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• i would say block her from all your pages if you have any ignore all phone calls and tell her point blank you are done with the crap that she is doing i just had to do that today with one of friends who i have known for over 18yrs she has this need too tell my fiance her sex life and get all slutty with him on the computer and doesn't get it that u do not do that with a friends man she thinks its ok cause he and her where friends according too her before i got with him so it should not bug me but yet if i say something about sex too her or if he does she would beyond flip out i think she was just lying too him too make her self look good and all i do not know any girl who would fuck two guys in one day the first time she has sex eww
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• heather.darin tell her what you just told us:) If her feelings get hurt so what, She obviously only cares about herself so I would just dump her like I would a bad boyfriend:)

What she said!  Life is too short to be surrounded by someone who is miserable and dragging you down. 

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• make sure your always too busy to talk or hangout, it worked for me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• email her what you just told us....maybe she'll get the hint if not just ignore her calls and when she comes to your house act like you were on your way out so she'll leave or something.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 8:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Let her know what hurt your feelings and if she changes good. If she doesn't then just tell her you gave her the benifit of the doubt and she blew it and say it's done. I believe in trying to let someone know first what the deal is, then at least they can know why. Some still will act like they dont' know. But you can sleep at night knowing you just didn't leave them hanging with no explanation at all.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:10 AM on Aug. 17, 2009